SENCO: Mr David Jones
Telephone: 01208 821326
Cardinham School is an inclusive school where every pupil is valued and respected. We are committed to the inclusion, progress and independence of all of our pupils, including those with SEND. We work to support our pupils to make progress in their learning, their emotional and social development, and their independence. We aim to create a learning environment which is of high quality but we also actively work to support the learning and needs of all members of our community.
We actively seek both pupil and parent voice at every stage, from identification and assessment, through to reviewing the support in place. We encourage parents to ask questions and we offer a variety of methods for supporting families and sharing information.
Our aim is to train and develop all teachers and LSAs in their understanding of SEND; we are all teachers of children with SEND.
Please click on the links below for further information about SEND at Cardinham School, or feel free to get in touch with Mr David Jones, our SENCO at email@example.com
Below are some useful links for more information on SEND both nationally and in Cornwall:
- SEND Code of Practice: 0-25 Years. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/398815/SEND_Code_of_Practice_January_2015.pdf
- SEND: a guide for parents and carers: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/417435/Special_educational_needs_and_disabilites_guide_for_parents_and_carers.pdf
- Cornwall SENDIASS provides an information, advice and support service for families who have children with SEND. For more information please visit https://www.cornwallsendiass.org.uk/
- Cornwall Council SEN File is a source of information for parents/ carers and young people.https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/education-and-learning/schools-and-colleges/special-educational-needs-file/
- Cornwall Council’s guide for parents/carers about Special Educational Needs provides an excellent summary of what is expected of all mainstream schools in regard to SEND provision: https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/media/30188090/a-guide-for-parents-about-special-educational-needs-send-a-graduated-response.pdf